Thursday, November 8, 2012

"pocket" Drawing Compass

Hi there!

Today we have something i was meaning to do for some time, even if it's in this ruff state. If you're like me, we carry a lot of stuff on our drawing tool case, but probably not a drawing compass (if you do, good for you!). Sometimes i don't feel like pulling a Giotto freehand straight circle, and here's how to do your own  "pocket" drawing compass.


Use an old ruler and cut it half, horizontally, then drill some small holes in the cm and 1/2 cm marks (or other measure for who uses inches). The length it's up to you and your needs, mine is long enough to do a 10 cm radius circle, since i just work everyday on A5 graphic journals or so, that's good for me.



 Easy and helpful... i think.

2 comments:

  1. Great, ... There's one similar to that being used at my place. I call it 'O Meu Compasso Maravilha' as in 'My Wonder Compass'. Great minds think alike!

    http://envidenefelibata.blogspot.pt/2011/10/my-wonder-compass.html

    ReplyDelete